Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown




I love the sound of rain.  I love the smell of rain. Walking in the rain doesn't bother me in the least. I was awakened by the ping ping ping sound on my bedroom window the other morning. Then a huge ka-boom. Finally, some much needed rain. As I lay in the dark listening to the storm it dawned on me that all that rain would leave behind be coup sharks teeth on top of the sand out at the beach.

One of the best times to look for sharks teeth & fossils is right after a good hard rain.  The water run-off clears the top layer of sand & leaves all those buried sharks teeth & fossils right on the surface. I reached over in the dark & set my alarm for 7am.

 When my alarm went off several hours later the Hubbs was already up and had made a fresh pot of coffee.  As I grabbed my to-go cup & filled it with my favorite Creme Brulee Coffee mate & coffee He just shook his head and laughed. "Going somewhere?" he asked rhetorically.

Rain pounded sand at Stump Pass State Park

Even this stick of a tree celebrated the rain with some green shoots

I started the jar last summer.  Here it is after months of hard sharks teeth collecting.

No two are alike




Comments

  1. Can you hear me squealing at the computer, "Wait! Look! Is that one?????!!!" I can't wait to do a sharks' teeth trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive...like my grandsons' collection...they can find them like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous of all those sharks teeth. that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh-you have the nerve to show that when I'm landlocked here? Beautiful pics and I can't believe how many teeth you've got. Great variety of hues, too. I'm coming back down there! cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for posting that great video. I was just going to ask you which area on the beach is the best spot to look, but thanks to your video, now I know! I can't wait to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! That's a lot of sharks teeth! I'll be the jar will be full soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I've never seen such a collection of Sharks teeth Unbelievable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an amazing collection:) And I love your rain video!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And then sometimes you just have to sit in your living room, cleaning seashells and Ta-Da, one falls right into your lap!

    That photo "no two are alike" is wonderful, it would make a great postcard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

40 Miles North of Shell Mountain

May you always have a seashell in your pocket & sand between your toes

"Oh the Sanibel Stoop & the Sanibel Shuffle - Can he pack all his loot in his old Army duffle?" - from a poem by M. H. Greenberg