"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give." George MacDonald



I so get that these days.  With Manasota Key only 2 miles away it's not unusual for me to pop over for an early morning beach walk for sunrise, come home and do the domestic thing, then head back for some late afternoon sharks toof hunting.  My mom's recent stroke has pretty much put the brakes on my beach combing flexibility. Even the time to blog is a challenge.  On my daily priority list the beach and blogging have sunk to the low end of important things to do.  I hope I don't sound like I'm whining.  We all want to make a difference in the world and sometimes that difference is not on a faraway continent - it is in our own neighborhood or home.  So mom is improving every day and hubby is maintaining.  I'll be vicariously walking the beach with the rest of the cyber-shellers for now.

Comments

  1. I'm sure your sweet Mama appreciates everything you are doing for her - you are such a blessing. Keeping all of you in my prayers every day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone like you who goes out so often to beach comb, I'm sure it is very hard for you not to do so now. But you are making such a huge difference in the lives of your loved ones. May God bless you richly for your kindness and love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, Karen. You'll be back at the beach before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry your Mom's health is suffering and I know she appreciates everything you do. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Life is always changing. We learn to take each day as a blessing whatever we have to do...or wherever it finds us. Sweet hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Capt. Brian sends you.. the early morning sunrise smells, the first time your feet hit the beach from the parking lot feel, the sight of your favorite tree on the beach(we all have them) the sound of the the shells scampering in the surf as it pulls back to the gulf, the feeling of the sunset when it is just you and no one else around. I hope you will get back to all of the above soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I too am sad to hear about your mom. You know you have to take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

40 Miles North of Shell Mountain

May you always have a seashell in your pocket & sand between your toes

"Oh the Sanibel Stoop & the Sanibel Shuffle - Can he pack all his loot in his old Army duffle?" - from a poem by M. H. Greenberg