I don't really try to predict what can and will happen with things. Sometimes you think something's gonna be a huge success, and it isn't. And sometimes you pay no attention to something whatsoever, and God just makes it into everything. - Donna Summer

It's Raining Shells!  Hallelujah!!  The rain that rolled over Englewood on Wednesday night rattled some pretty shells loose that washed up Thursday afternoon.


The turtles have started arriving. The yellow stakes are placed on fresh turtle nests each morning as the local turtle patrol make their way up the beach looking for recent turtle tracks.  This seemed like a popular spot.  


I had a newbie sheller with me.  Green Pea hollered that she had found a "pretty Shell".  She scored a perfect lion's paw.
My beach buddy was on the look-out for shark's teeth and had to switch brain grooves to spot shells instead.
Our 2 best finds of the afternoon - a juvenile horse conch  & a lion's paw  (3 inches from top to bottom)
Manasota Key is the kitchen sink of shelling.  You find lots of shark's teeth, fossils, shells, & beach bling.
We chillax'd on a bench to watch the boats sail by.
Thinking of singer Donna Summer who passed away from cancer Thursday morning.  She has a beach house just a mile up the road.  Donna had been a local on Manasota Key for several years.  RIP Donna.
All the fotos were taken with my iPhone 4S.


My finds of the afternoon.  I call this a Manasota Key starter kit -  Shells, shark's teeth, fossils, drift shell fragments, & flotsam.

Comments

  1. You got some really nice finds on your shelling adventure. I've never seen shark's teeth before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH, a lion's paw?! How fantastic, I am suddenly breathless with need and amazement. Sigh. Get a grip. Breathe. Composed again. Nice find, Green Pea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyes are as big as dinner plates! What amazing shells! Enjoy your weekend! I hope we are back in FL soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh......how I wish that was our sailboat passing you by again!! We had such a fun trip to your lil piece of heaven....still look at all the shells I found there. wish I could have found YOU too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Lions Paw and that horse conch. And I spied a great Olive in that first shot. Your IPhone takes great pictures. I didn't know Donna S lived there. Looks like a great day was had at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Donna Summer! May she rest in peace on the most heavenly beach.

    I see an olive in that first pic with it's tip knocked off. Perfect for a bracelet! I see you didn't pick it up :( but you did find lots of great shells, teeth, and so many goodies. What is that little tree looking thing? I have a mini one of those. They almost look fake, but they are so cool. Oh, and there's a sharks eye, too! That's Kim's fave.

    Beautiful beach scenes! Thanks for sharing...wish I was there!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! As usual-HA! I sooo want to go to your neck of the woods! Lord? Please?
    Thanks for sharing lovely woman of God <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Lions Paw! And Della's right - The sharks eye is my fav. I think you came up with a new name - Pam has the Sanibel Six and you have the Manasota Five! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, you live in shell heaven! Can I be your new best friend?:) I am having a shell bracelet on my blog, please visit if you can.
    Happy Shelling!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent lions paw! Wow haven't seen one like that for a long time. Good to know they are still out there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

40 Miles North of Shell Mountain

May you always have a seashell in your pocket & sand between your toes

"Oh the Sanibel Stoop & the Sanibel Shuffle - Can he pack all his loot in his old Army duffle?" - from a poem by M. H. Greenberg