"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival." - C. S. Lewis

(Credit: www.forthoseabouttoshop.ca)


One of the side benefits of blogging are the actual bloggers themselves.  The Blogsphere is a huge global cyber-community.  Due to the content one's blog you tend to draw & be drawn to others with similar interests and ideas.  Nothing wrong with that.  Over time,  after exchanging comments & emails a personality & heart starts to emerge from the online nom de plume.


  You meet the DH & find all about the DD/DS.  We brag about  grand kids and post about birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries.  We watch each others creative juices flow (or not) as we post our hand-made creations and various art. We take each other on our vacations and other wanderings. Every so often we actually get to meet face-to-face. I've never met a blogger I didn't like & I've met a bunch.      
                      
                                                          
I got this pretty package in the mail last week.







Inside was a beautiful pendant made by Della of Del's Shells.  I had sent her a care package of fossils & drift shells from Manasota Key to play around with.  She sent back a lovely Atlantic sand dollar & a much improved drift shell with 2 little gems that are mine & the hubb's birthstones.  There is also a cute silver shell charm to finish it off.












I love love handmade jewelry. This one will be an extra special keepsake.










Della from Del's Shells recently had a meet up with blogger buddy Diane from Diane from Lavender Dreams


Comments

  1. LOVERLY necklace...perfect for you and your beachcombing ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you're a lucky one... what a beautiful pendant and a very, very special gift to you!!! It looks really great...

    Have a nice & sunny sunday!
    ~Jutta~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a beautiful necklace. That Della sure is talented! I bought some of her hairpins for my daughter and my niece and they are treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. That's so beautiful! Blog Buddies Are The Best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just getting ready to jump down to say I recognized that packaging and how gorgeous you look in jewelry by Della...and saw that I was in this post, too! I'm smiling real big now...just a little embarrassed at all the attention! But we did have a great time together and I can not WAIT to meet you, too! Hasn't the weather been phenomenal? Florida weather and blog buddies...we are blessed! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to meet YOU face to face, too! So many of my bloggy friends have a special place in my heart! Blogging has led me to so many with my same interests, how could we not be friends?! I'm so glad you like the necklace! It was made with love. Enjoy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet - it's beautiful, and you sure deserve it because you are such a wonderful, giving bloggy friend to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I love the blogger meet-ups...especially the ones with you, my intentional friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

40 Miles North of Shell Mountain

May you always have a seashell in your pocket & sand between your toes

"Oh the Sanibel Stoop & the Sanibel Shuffle - Can he pack all his loot in his old Army duffle?" - from a poem by M. H. Greenberg