8 Questions

This is a first for me. I never take the quizzes or questions that friends and family send me on my facebook. I have been known to rant about farmville, yoville, & whateverville from time to time. (It's not lost - It's not a real cow - get over it!) 

Being new to the blogging community, it has been fun to follow all the interesting blogs and kind of get familiar with each of you and your creativeness. Debbie from Love of the Sea has been so nice to comment on my posts that I decided to go out of my comfort zone and try to answer her 8 questions.


Hey Y'all
#1 - Do you consider yourself a city girl or country girl?                                                                                       Well, I'll tell you what, I am a country girl but not a redneck. My people are from Tennessee & came to Florida in 1945. I love all things about country living but have no patience for small mindedness or intolerance. I'm not a hunter or fisherman although I love to watch the fishing shows on tv. I grew up watching the Opry so I  love Bluegrass & old country music. My hubby is a New Yorker but I corrupted him. He loves beans, greens, & cornbread and has been heard saying "y'all" once or twice.


My idea of roughing it
#2 - Besides where you live, where is the one other place you would like to live?  Why?                                                                          Northern California because it is so beautiful. I'd love to live on Lake Shasta on a houseboat. The seasons there are spectacular.  Plus it is close to Napa & the Pacific coast - nuff said. 


#3 - What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night?                                                            If I am not working then I  am attending my church's contemporary service on Saturday night. I have a wonderful church family that I have been hanging out with for 8 years.  I love to see the young people have a good time with their music.


#4 - What is the best movie you have ever seen?  Why?                                                       Crimes of the Heart with Sissy Spacek, Jessica Lange, & Diane Keaton. A true depiction of southern sisters and it reminds me of mine.  The climax of the film is littlest sister Babe (Sissy) trying to kill herself over some troubling events happening in her life. She tries to hang herself from a vintage chandelier and it rips out of the ceiling.  She goes downstairs with the chandelier on it's rope still tied to her neck plopping behind her and heads for the gas oven. She turns on the gas, opens the oven door and jams her head in but forgot to take the racks out. Ouch - her sister finds her on the floor and realizes by the smell of gas and the rope around her neck that Babe was trying to take a permanent solution to temporary problems. When she asks Babe "Why, Why are you trying to kill yourself?" Babe answers "I don't know, I'm just having a bad day". I always remember that scene when I'm having a crap day - this too shall pass and it always does - sometimes like a kidney stone but pass it does.                        
Sisters in 1966 - Kelly, Kimmie, & Karen (not in picture is lil sis Stacey) 


3 amazing actresses







#5 - What is the one habit that you really want to break but know you never will?                                                                                                                  Biting my fingernails. I am getting better but still have my moments.


Love has a face
#6 - If you could spend the day with one famous person, who would it be and why?                                                                            Mother Teresa - I would hope some of her love and compassion would rub off on me.

#7 - What is your favorite pastime or hobby?                                            Hello - beach combing baby! 


#8 - If you could choose any place in the world to go to - all expenses paid - where would it be?  
                                                     Australia       
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, how'd I do?  This was actually harder than any posts I written thus far.  Thanks for including me Debbie, I heading to St. Arbuck's now.  I deserve a Pumpkin Spice Latte  after that.



Comments

  1. Love the post...and my favorite is the picture of you and your sisters....the matching dresses are awesome. I love your answers....and we have a lot in common!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm....I'm so bad at these question thingys but I sure have loved reading your answers!! Cool way to get to know you better! Loving your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-I just hopped over from Love Of The Sea to say hello. She has asked me to answer the questions too. I'm going to have to think on that a little while! I loved your answers.
    Your blog is great. I have had a smile the entire time I've been reading your posts.
    I have become a follower of your blog...my little icon has disappeared so I'm in silhouette.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

40 Miles North of Shell Mountain

May you always have a seashell in your pocket & sand between your toes

"Oh the Sanibel Stoop & the Sanibel Shuffle - Can he pack all his loot in his old Army duffle?" - from a poem by M. H. Greenberg